June 12, 2011

Cassis Day 2

We took a walk after breakfast, visited all the little shops and the market. There was this very small artsy market with paintings, handmade jewelry and the sort. The most beautiful flowers were there - and they were not real! I wanted to take them all home!!
Back to hotel to change and on the way to the beach I had ice cream cone. Well, it was sorbet actually - one scoop of cassis and one scoop of limoncello. I may have to go there for dinner! However, we were smart today and made a reservation for 9pm at the cafe we really wanted to eat at last night.
Pebble beach (whoo-hooo! No sand!) was great, water beautiful but bone chilling. We each got our feet wet anyway, after all, it is the Mediterranean Sea and one must do it.
We are back at hotel now - Jim on balcony reading the great Kindle - a wonderful creation as he did not have to drag tons of books along this trip. I'm sitting inside in front of the open french doors -- the view is just beyond belief.
To be continued - I feel an outing coming to the Grand Marnier crepe stand.
Later:
Ah yes, while Jim was napping I did go get a crepe.....and watched the woman sprinkle it with lots of Grand Marnier. My kind of snack.
Dinner was great, we both had fish soup and the fish which turned out to be grouper. Finished with Pannacotte with strawberry couolis for dessert.....and a free Limoncello on the house! Hey, what country is this???
To St. Tropez tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment