May 24, 2012

Bacharach


Lots of winding roads and farms brought us to Bacharach.  We have stayed here before, arrived early and recognized Kurt the owner pulling up in his car.  He let us in and told us Fatima would be with us shortly.  We took a look out on the terrace (where we are going to have dinner) and  shortly Fatima showed up.  We haven't been here for about 14 years - and last time it was cold outside and we ate inside.  Kurt is the chef.   We couldn't remember the terrace.  We also found that much more of the town is open.  I suppose last time we were here very early in the season.

Since we were early, Fatima suggested we take a walk "downtown"  and have lunch.  Rooms were being cleaned, the Rick Steves "Best of Europe" tour folks had just left this morning. So, you will see what we saw - the whole town- in a few short photos!  Our room faces the Rhein, train tracks are below our window.  Trains go by aout every 10 minutes, both freight and passenger.  Windows close tighly and Fatima now has new little AC/ fans in the wall to bring in fresh air.  I love train spotting and this is truly wonderful.  Jim says he now knows why he forgot most things about Bacharach - he was trying to forget the trains!!

We are headed back out to shop, when we arrived, stores all closing for afternoon!

Another interesting note is that they now have wifi in the lobby and in the rooms "if you leave door open" Fatima said.  Little Dell Mini has done it again.  I'm at the far end of the room by the window (so I can spot trains) and I am pulling in a strong signal!  Good thing, because I was able to check in for our flight tomorrow and get better seats for the flight to London!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment