May 18, 2012

On the road to Epinal Cemetery and Memorial

After breakfast we shall be leaving to drive into France to Epinal before heading to Colmar.  Last night I received an email from hotel in Colmar wanting to confirm our reservation for this Fri and Sat night.  It was marked "urgent".  Yes, what would one do without a computer (or smart phone) and wi-fi??  One would have had their room cancelled for sure.  We are finding most places connected even if they don't mention it.  For some hotels, it is not a selling point I suppose and this trip, I was more interested in finding hotels with free parking.  Unlike last years trip to France, we have not paid 1 euro for parking, except at Linderhof Castle.

Will be back, hopefully connected in France!!


2 comments:

  1. what charming homes, waterways, accommodations and FOOD ! yum. you DO need to do this for other people (OP)'s $$$...your tours would be sooooo popular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am enjoying following you and Jim on your journey. It sounds absolutely beautiful. I love old towns----- Sooo much mystery and charm. For your info, I am receiving an email that has the same information from your blog.
    GOD BLESS LOVE AND PRAYERS

    ReplyDelete