March 13, 2013

Bora Bora Day 4

Woke up this morning, Jim was coming in from outside.  Holy cow, he is never bothered by bugs, little gnats being a pest so he was coming back inside.  I decided to get up, looked at my can of Schweppes Lemon and thought about saving it.  Drinks are very expensive, 5 francs a can here, I had bought that one in town for 1.25 francs.   But, I though some of our friendly gnats probably made their way inside so was dumping it out when it felt like there was something inside....very quickly a head peeked out and then out came the rest of the gecko!!!   He was a large one and startled me so much I gave a yell.  Then I called Jim and got my camera - this was the biggest one and prettiest one we have seen.  He posed briefly before taking off up into the ceiling.
Others we have seen are babies, only about 2-3 inches long.  This must have been mom or dad!
How wonderful is this - I am sitting here on the beach, just few feet from the water (under a palm tree in the shade ) and I have a great wi-fi connection!  In fact, everything I read about poor connectivity simply has not been true for the Pearl Resorts.  Costly, but great connectivity!!  Jim has his Kindle and reads incessantly. Boring.  I will play video games or email.  Much more fun!!!!

While I am thinking about it, last night our waiter pointed out to us the Southern Cross - one would never know if unless someone showed you.  What is amazing here is that last night we sat outside, under the stars - the stars are bright and amazing.  We don't see stars any more at home - too much pollution.  

We both got dressed in pareos to have our complimentary massages at a hut on the beach. We took photos of one another, but I don't think they are going to be made public!!!  The table faced the beach and lagoon, but when you got on the table, what you saw as you faced down was a bamboo bucket with a BIG red hibiscus floating in it.  Tahitian music was playing in the background.  One got to pick the oil for the massage and I chose Tiare, the Tahitian gardenia.   All I can say is WOW.  It is only the second massage I have had in my life and what an experience to have it here on Bora Bora with all the trimmings!

We are getting ready to go to dinner at Bloody Mary's restaurant.  It seems since it was prepaid,  the restaurant is  willing to come to our boat dock to get us!  So, shortly we will be headed to the boat for our ride across the lagoon.




1 comment: