I just uploaded the last of our photos from Bacharach. Due to being so excited about passing trains at dinner, I forgot to photograph our entrees. I had the house specialty which is pork tenderloin and mushrooms with a garlic, herb Hollandaise made with Riesling wine and Jim had saddle of lamb in a succulent sauce. After dinner, Jim went upstairs when Fatima called me over to talk. She was so concerned and asked if room was clean and suitable since she didn't have a chance to check it first. She showed me the 2012 award from TripAdvisor - which she was delighted to get. I told her I'd give a good review for both TripAdvisor and Rick. Another of Rick's tour groups will be here in a couple days, and Rick himself will be here in July. Fatima and Kurt have been here for 30 years now; and they are very hard working, and Kurt is a great cook. He told me he must look older than he did 15 yrs ago...Fatima asked me if she looked older - I told her that us girls don't get old looking, just the men! I was informed that our room, #10 was the "sunset room" - and that Kurt had made the sunset! She gave me a wonderful big chocolate bar and off I came upstairs.
We will get breakfast at 8 am; Fatima had even offered to make it earlier for us so we had plenty of time to get to the airport. She said as long as we leave by 8:45 it will be good for our drive to Frankfurt Airport. Of course, as luck has it, we return the car at one terminal, then have to take the shuttle to Terminal 2 where our BA flight will take us to London Heathrow. We are parked right outside the front wall of the hotel - Fatima had a free parking ticket that someone gave her because they did not use all the days, so she gave it to us so we could keep the car near. We will return it to her tomorrow so someone else can use the remaining time on it. Check out their website: Hotel Kranenturm where there is a photo of our hosts.
No time to write in the morning, so we will be off to visit Ann & George in England. No internet at their house, so I will not be back online until we return home on May 28th. At that time I will upload any additional photos and report in on our stay in Hersham.
safe travels.....we leave for MD early tomorrow....jen is also coming...so it will be a min reunion...what a nice surprise.
ReplyDelete